I’ve been quiet lately. I’ve been in a sort of limbo I think. I’m not even sure. I’ve been busy with freelance work, which is EXCELLENT, though I feel like my projects may suddenly come to a halt mid-summer so I better start looking for more work. I’ve been wallowing as well. I suppose. Wallowing in Pennsylvania. Dreaming of living elsewhere. Trying to enjoy summer but tired of wearing socks and blankets at night. Summer feels more like fall. Is it this year or is it this town? I’m not so sure. Dave and I went to DMV today. In the pouring rain. It was worse than NJ DMV. We didn’t even stay (for reasons other than the fact that it sucked). But, let me repeat this, PA DMV is worse than NJ DMV. I never thought that was possible. I thought maybe California and/or New York might be as bad as New Jersey, but worse? In other news, it’s been cold. And then it was 100 degrees. And then it was cold. And then it warmed up. And rained. And was muggy. And when you step outside you get attacked by mosquitoes. Wow, this has turned into a whiney complainy post, so without further ado, a little Monday 5 countdown. At 12:28 on a Friday morning/Thursday night.
Five Things Iâ€™m Grateful For
- The fact that Dave loves his job – this is great!
- The freelance work that I’ve gotten lately (yay word of mouth!)
- Being a thoughtful person instead of someone who doesn’t question and lives in ignorant bliss
- My little family that lives in this house with me (Dave, Indira, Molly, and Darwin)
- This little house we live in. It really is a great house. Now, if only we could transplant it elsewhere.
Four Things I Canâ€™t Stop Thinking About
- Vacation. Beach.
- Taking pictures. And more pictures. And more pictures.
- Designing 1) Dave’s website and 2) My new site and new blog and new (separate) photo blog
- A sister or brother for Indira
Three Things I Want To Accomplish This Week
- Get a decent chunk of a website built/coded/themed
- Kick-ass workout tomorrow
- Have a little fun
Two Things I Am Working To Be Positive About
One Random Thing
I’m currently trying to find a way to cut down on my internet and connected time . It’s not easy. If you have any ideas, I’d love to hear them.
Oh, and one more random thing. I used to be addicted to lip balm. Severely. I would apply it multiple times per hour. I would have severe anxiety if, for some odd reason, I would forget to bring lip balm with me. It happened on a hike once (horrible) and on the way to go camping – luckily we passed a store even though I was stuck with straight up chapstick. The black container. Anyway, labor broke my addiction. I made sure I had it with me and I don’t think I applied it once. Then, after labor, I was so buy and exhausted and in love that I barely put it on. Now, I think I put it on a few times a day – TOPS. Today, twice. Crazy! I have had this addiction since high school so it’s sort of a big deal.