Archive of ‘Photos’ category
I love that these are still hanging out in the ether. Here.
I’m excited to announced that I’ve won an instagram photography contest with Local Flair magazine of the Poconos. They’ve chosen the photo below to be on the cover of theirÂ August/September issue (the food issue) which is going to print today! I’m so excited and can’t wait to see it in print.
They also asked me to submit a few sentences about myself to go in the publication. I was happy to have the fire lit and here’s what I came up with, thanks to Kerilyn and Dave (for helping!):
Kyra Dosch-Klemer is a web designer and artist striving to expose the natural beauty and simplicity found inÂ ordinary moments. I seek to illuminate the sublime elegance often concealed within the mundane in orderÂ to heighten awareness of the moment through the beautiful stillness and magic that is present in most moments. This is realized through emphasis on the natural state of things.Â I aim to honor the purity in my art as well as in life, whether it isÂ in the musicÂ I listen to, the items in my home, or the foodÂ I feed my family. Purity, as a concept, permeates my life. You can view some of her design work at http://www.whykyra.com.
We’ve been in a vortex of sickness for the past couple of weeks. Well, a combination of sickness and traveling. Today Indira’s ear infection has finally eased and she’s feeling better so we decided to bake!
This bread came out delicious but next time I’ll try it with all applesauce (no butter) and I think it might be better as muffins or in smaller loaf pans. It was delicious though!
Strawberry Bread Recipe:
- 3 cups flour (I used half all purpose and half white whole wheat but next time would probably do all whole wheat pastry or whole wheat)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt (I used a little under this amount since I was using salted butter in the recipe)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp flaxseed (I’ll use more, at least 6 Tbsp next time but mine was a little past the date so I was concerned about flavor)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup(ish) moisture (I used a stick of butter and 1/2 cup of applesauce plus a tbsp or so, some recipes use oil, next time I’ll use a cup and a tbsp or two of applesauce)
- 1 lb of strawberries cut into small pieces (I probably had a little under 1 lb)
- 1 or 2 tbsp of cold butter
- 1/4 cup (?) brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add butter/applesauce/oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir with a spoon (stir until just combined, don’t overmix).
- Add in strawberries and fold/mix in gently.
- Spoon into 2 greased loaf pans
- For topping: pulse in food processor until mixed and sprinkle onto top of loaves
- Cook for 45 – 55 minutes.
I am immensely thankful for this guy:
My husband by law, my partner in spirit, my best friend, my baby’s daddy and all that fun stuff. We have gone through quite a lot in the past eight years… Wait, is it eight or nine? I believe it’s eight but time starts doing this weird thing after a while. We started dating the first day we “hung out”. I still think he rocks. He inspires me and makes me laugh. He’s an amazing guy, a fabulous father, and sort of rocks at professoring. Oh yeah, he makes some cool ass art too. The kind that makes you question, makes you wonder, inspires stories and/or magic in your mind. When he has time. Oh, and just a little random tid bit: he has super long arms. Like, abnormally so but in a cool way. Wide wingspan. Long arm of the law. Alab….
1 2 3 … 9 Next