Thirteen Things about My Life Right Now
- I gave notice at my job and it feels great to be free…but
- I’m looking for a new job which is proving to be difficult
- I’m looking for a new job because I’m moving with the wonderful Dave to North Carolina
- I’m extremely stressed out about moving but I’m super excited! (We’re moving into a cool house with land and a big garden and cool trees and plants all around)
- My brother is getting married next Saturday! Woo hoo!
- My camera is crappy and I really want (need) a digital SLR but I don’t know when that will happen.
- I’ve been crazy moody (ugh)
- I’ve been watching many movies…to deal with my stress I presume
- I need a vacation – a real one – with tropical drinks and a beach and relaxation and fun
- I’ve totally been a slacker when it comes to yoga lately (which doesn’t help the ol’ mood)
- I need a girls day
- I need a romantic weekend
- Change is happening and it’s good good good (even though I’m, um, emotional and irrational and all that fun stuff)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, Iâ€™ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Arrived at work and everything felt calm. I felt calm. That after sitting in traffic for over an hour. With New Jersey drivers to top it off. Yes, I guess I am one of them though. The days of rain feel like maybe they are cleansing me. Cleansing me, rather slowly I might add though, of the stress and frustration of recent and upcoming events. Ahhh, and it feels good.
Looking forward to another road tripâ€¦we leave on Sundayâ€¦down to Asheville North Carolina and then on to Bonnaroo in Tennessee for music, camping, relaxing and fun. Canâ€™t wait. I havenâ€™t been to a good musical festival in a while, so Iâ€™m definitely looking forward to it. Also looking forward to some good North Carolina exploration. Exploring with purpose but that will be explained at a later date for certain reasons.
So I suppose I have phone phobia. I just called congressmanâ€™s office to urge him to â€œsave the internetâ€ but I froze up and ended up hanging up. I felt like I was in eighth grade apprehensively yet excitedly calling a skater boy that I liked. It was rather pathetic actually. Perhaps Iâ€™ll call back later. Or maybe just add it to â€œthe list.â€
I left this open and went on with my day. As the day progressesâ€¦the rain keeps falling. Grey skies and wind are comforting. I love these days though I wish I could curl up out of the fluorescent lights and wrap a blanket around me and immerse myself in nothing. I find the doubts and worries seeping into my mind after a morning of relaxation and peace. Iâ€™m scanning photos for my grandmotherâ€™s 75th birthday party and I think itâ€™s just reminding me of the fleeting nature of time and how it slips out of your hands. For myself, a reminder that actions need to be taken toward the dreams and things that will make me happy. I need to remember that. Itâ€™s easy to get wrapped up in the monotony of life and forget about those important thingsâ€¦the things that make your heart beat fast, the things that excite you and scare you. The real marrow of life. Whatâ€™s the quote? “I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life…to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” ~Henry David Thoreau
No, Iâ€™m in no way, shape or form comparing myself to Thoreau so donâ€™t worry. I want to suck the marrow out better. Right now, Iâ€™m leaving too much meat on the bone. Well, thatâ€™s what change is for. Exploring is up ahead on my road. I just need to get off the main road and explore the little paths. The paths with paint and words and woods and people and music and places. I need to get into the crevices of the moments and immerse myself. I will do that.
First, I just need to get out of this creative block. Hopefully a week of exploring will help with that.